Spenta, in the ancient Avestan language, means beneficent since it embodies the benevolent principle latent in all good creations.
Spenta Multimedia is a leading media house in India with a fully integrated infrastructure, including a state-of-the-art printing press. Spenta’s business lines include:
- Custom Publishing: Spenta is India’s largest custom publisher with a portfolio of 35 custom magazines, which it publishes on behalf of some of India’s leading corporates and institutions such as Jet Airways, HDFC Bank, Tata Consultancy Services and Shoppers Stop.
- Consumer Publishing: Spenta expanded into the arena of consumer publishing in India in 2007 when it licensed HAIR from Vitality Publishing, UK. Today, Spenta publishes 7 consumer titles that fulfill the special interest information and infotainment needs of highly select target groups – Innowin, HAIR, Marwar, Liquid, The Smart Manager, Adorn and Domus. Spenta also plans to introduce another international title, under license from the publisher.
- Book Publishing: Spenta works with eminent personalities and business houses to publish coffee-table books, limited edition books, catalogues and brochures. Spenta published books include Rani Bagh, commemorating 150 Years of one of the oldest heritage sites of Mumbai; Maharashtra, on behalf of the State Government of Maharashtra; a 600-page volume on Hafeez Contractor; Cocktails - From the Bars of the Leading Hotels of the World; Wari and Dancing Maidens by Shirish Shete; The Making of Samovar; Kama Sutra and Paramparik Karigar among others.
Content Generation & Design
- Spenta offers content generation and design services to corporate and publishing houses globally. Spenta’s clients include Focus International in Dubai, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Ogilvy (for Unilever Hair Care), Bay Capital, Navneet, and Ffi International. Spenta has worked with these and other clients in developing their Web content, brand identities, product literature, brochures and other marketing/corporate collateral.
- Spenta Online is a full fledged digital agency which effectively explores the digital medium for a diversified range of clientele. The web medium offers accurate targeting, is ROI driven and measurable. With a billion users on the web today the web is one medium where brands can engage and interact with clients. Spenta Online service offerings spread across the digital spectrum right from strategic planning, experience design, web development, search engine optimisation, digital media planning and buying and reporting.
- Spenta entered the Event Management and Marketing business in 2008 when it acquired the Marwar magazine and related event properties from Arpan Publishing. Since then, Spenta owns and manages several event properties such as the Marwar Mega Wedding Show and the Marwar Celebrations Show. The successful management of the Marwar shows was followed by Spenta’s 100% acquisition of the Mumbai International Boat Show (MIBS) in 2009. In its fourth edition, the MIBS is one of a handful of official events, attracting large crowds, in Mumbai, India’s commercial capital.
- Spenta Multimedia’s fully integrated infrastructure includes a state-of-the-art printing press in Mumbai. Spenta’s press equipment includes a Heidelberg SM-102 8-colour, SM -102 4-colour, SM-102 2-colour, SM-74 4-colour. Muller Martini Acoro A 5 automated bindery, Stahl folding machine and Screen computer-to-plate technology. The Spenta press handles all Spenta printing as well as commercial printing requirements of leading corporates in India.
- The Indian publishing BPO industry is expected to grow rapidly, given the rise in the number of international publishing companies that outsource - which include traditional segments such as STM/Academic, Educational & Legal Publishing, as well as new segments such as magazines, corporate and B2B publishing. Publishing outsourcing includes a wide range of services, and the four broad heads that Spenta aims to focus on are content, design, digital conversion and fulfilment/distribution.
Currently, Spenta’s portfolio includes 35 custom and 6 consumer titles; 3 event properties, over 80 clients for web based/enabled publishing solutions and a growing list of clients for content services and book publishing.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CONSUMER PUBLICATIONS